Asked by Mr.Ford from Brazil / Canada | Apr. 18, 2011 07:15
About:Marriage Registration in China

I will be visiting China in June, to marry. I can only be there two weeks.
From what I read, this is enough time, given that documentation is in order.
In order to avoid any complications, I need to ask a few questions:

1. Is there a "Intent to marry" application form to fill out before I leave? As this site states: "4. You commence the application in your home country: you can take any required documents to the consulate where you apply for your visa". I cannot find where this application form is, either on the Rio consulate site, or Canadian site. I am Canadian living in Brasil, and will be applying for my visa shortly. I would like to know if I need to submit this application at the same time?
Since I will be applying for my visa at the Consulate in Rio de Janeiro, I need to know which documents I need to send them, or exactly what to do.

2. Normally, how long does it take to have documents (birth, and divorce certificate, etc.) translated in China?

Please Advise.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from United Kingdom | Apr. 19, 2011 04:42
In order to get married in China with a Chinese, you need to get a single status from your homecountry and it should be authenticated by Chinese embassy in your country. But since you are living in Brazil, it becomes complex, so, better ask your girl friend in China to make it clear at her local Civil administration department if you need to back to Canada, or documents from Brazil are ok for use.
Related Questions:
As a foreigner in China with chinese visa only two weeks to expire, can I a...
Asked by clement from Ghana
| May. 30, 2014 03:29
I am an Australian citizen visiting China for two weeks = do I need a visa...
Asked by Shirley Davis from Australia
| Jul. 21, 2016 21:49
When should we apply for our Visa
Asked by Shelagh from UK
| Jan. 18, 2016 20:05
I plan on visiting China in June. I want to travel there for six weeks but ...
Asked by Mr.Sullivan from NZ
| Feb. 21, 2011 00:34
Is $300 US dollars enough for a two week stay in China?
Asked by Emil Moreno from USA
| Apr. 07, 2015 03:29
My family would like to visit Hong Kong during comming EID Holidays(startin...
Asked by Aruni from UAE
| Oct. 15, 2011 04:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)