Asked by Ms.Heidi from South Korea | Apr. 06, 2011 00:21
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Hi, I am an American citizen living and working as an ESL teacher in Seoul. My friends and I have booked tickets to Beijing from May 5-8. We were originally told that since we DO NOT have six months left on our Alien Registration card that a travel agent could send our documents to the Busan and get the proper Visa from them since the Seoul, Chinese Embassy does not do this paperwork. I have been reading different things and am not sure what the regulations are now. Is the Chinese Embassy in Busan still doing Visas for people who have less than 6 months remaining on their ARC card? Any information you can give me would be great!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ENID from China | Apr. 08, 2011 21:36
Sorry, Ms.Held, late to answer your question. The fact is that Chinese consulate in Busan now requires the 6 months ARC also for visa application. This rule was adopted few days ago. But is you have already booked tickets to China, you can rearrange your travel plan to HK first, China visa can be processed there through Commissioner's Office of the Ministry of China Foreign Affairs.
Related Questions:
Hi, I am an American teacher living and working in Seoul. I want to travel ...
Asked by Mrs.Lala from South Korea
| Jun. 23, 2009 22:25
I am an American teaching ESL in Seoul, South Korea. I am confused by the ...
Asked by Ms.Heidi Wieck from America
| Feb. 22, 2011 01:15
Living in Hohhot
Asked by Annie
| Aug. 07, 2013 20:33
i am a canadian citizen and have been working as an ESL teacher in korea si...
Asked by Ms.anahita from korea
| Apr. 21, 2010 02:09
american esl teacher in korea would like to travel to china for christmas b...
Asked by joel klimas from south korea
| Sep. 23, 2011 02:58
Do I need a visa to visit Beijing?
Asked by Melanie from USA
| Sep. 28, 2013 22:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)