Asked by Mr.Elson Wong from Australia | Mar. 23, 2011 12:03
About:China Transit Visa

Hi there!

I hold an Australian Passport and will be transiting from Perth to Vancouver via Beijing (with a 10 hour layover) on the 6th July 2011. After reading most of the replies on this FAQ it's safe to say that I don't need a VISA since I'll be staying for less than 24 hours and won't be leaving the Airport Zone.

The question is I've just booked for a day to rest at the Beijing Aulympic Airport Hotel, I know it sounds silly but is that hotel still within the Airport Zone? And if I do leave the airport do I need to check out my baggage through customs or just leave it as it is and have the checked baggage transferred to the next plane for Vancouver? Thanks!

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Mar. 24, 2011 20:34
Beijing Aulympic Airport is not within the Airport Zone, you need a transit visa to go to the hotel. You need to check out your baggage through customs.
Related Questions:
Perth to Vancouver via Guangzhou
Asked by Vic Oui from Malaysia
| Jun. 04, 2017 21:58
I'm an Australian planning to visit Shantou. Do I need to apply visa? I int...
Asked by Daphny from Australia
| Sep. 25, 2011 22:34
Guangzhou Airport Hotel for 21hr layover
Asked by Cat from Australia
| Sep. 12, 2013 02:35
do i need a chinese visa?
Asked by Chris from Australia
| Feb. 29, 2012 03:58
Travelling PER (Australia) - CAN (Guangzhou) - YVR (Vancouver International...
Asked by Mike from Australia
| Oct. 31, 2018 23:00
Do I need visa for transiting in Beijing airport
Asked by Di King from Australia
| May. 03, 2016 03:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)