Asked by Ms.Worried from China | Mar. 06, 2011 04:48
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I am currently teaching in China - Residents Permit Expiry Date is May 2011 however contract finishes in June 2011. School is saying they can get me a tourist visa for the extra month. I am sure you are not able to work if you hold a tourist visa and I am worried about doing anything illegal as if caught the fines are pretty steep (500 RMB per day of overstay & possible detention). If the school organises the tourist visa am I legally able to work or should I leave China before my residents permit expires in May?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Mar. 08, 2011 03:15
If the school organises the tourist visa, you are not legally able to work, but the scholl will ask you to stay at home if some police will go to the scholl to check your documents. Legally, you should leave China before the expiry date of your residence permit.

However, in China, only if you are not caught by the police, everything is Ok, you can teach in June till the end of contract by holding tourist visa.
Related Questions:
son has to get degree certificate legalized in order to renew Residents Per...
Asked by Rachel from Wales
| Jan. 20, 2016 21:04
Hello, I currently have a 1 year multiple entry chinese visa which will ...
Asked by Mr.Raymond Morris from USA
| Jan. 13, 2011 01:05
Extension of current resident permit in another city
Asked by Marion from France
| Mar. 14, 2017 04:25
Reply S1 Visa renewal and work permit visa renewal
Asked by David
| Jun. 05, 2018 03:41
Hello, I have a bussiness visa of China visa, expiry date are Jan 2011 no...
Asked by Ms.Rach from malaysia
| Aug. 15, 2010 01:04
Work Visa application, Filipino Citizen, curr. passport expires Dec16 2016,...
| Mar. 16, 2016 21:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)