Asked by Mrs.Teresa from Canada | Jan. 28, 2011 18:15
About:China Embassy in Canada

Hello, When I applied for my visa it stated a double entry would be 6 months. Now I received my visa back and it states I have 2 entries but must enter before April 21 2011 (3 months). Is there a way to get this extended once I get to Beijing? If so what is the process? We are going to Beijing March 1st for a week then travel SE Asia then back to Beijing May 3rd. I am pretty frustrated because the form said it would be valid for 6 months and now it appears that it is only 3 months. The nearest Chinese Consulate is 4 hours from here so I have no way of taking it there before I go.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Lily from Canada | Jan. 28, 2011 20:33
Mrs.Teresa, have much sympathy for you! It's true that double entries visa should be valid for 6 months, but sometimes the visa officials will adjust the valiidty, entry numbers, stay duration according to their will.

You can't extend your visa in Beijing, you have to apply for a new single-entry visa in one of South East Asian countries, then return to Beijing on May 3, 2011.
Related Questions:
Hello All I got DOUBLE entry - 3 months (June, July, August) Chinese vis...
Asked by Mr.Ritesh from India
| Jun. 06, 2010 01:13
I applied for a 6 months mutliple entry china L visa through a Hong Kong ag...
Asked by Mr.James from Malaysia
| Mar. 25, 2010 03:21
X1 and X2
Asked by Hana from Russia
| Jul. 11, 2018 18:42
Passport Validity for application to China
Asked by Matthew from New Zealand
| Nov. 03, 2012 02:28
6 Months tourist type instead of 10 years
Asked by Jerry from USA
| Jan. 12, 2015 21:46
Hello! I am holding a Malaysia passport and a Singapore student pass whi...
Asked by Mr.Adriel from Singapore
| Apr. 19, 2010 01:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)