Asked by Ms.Sandra from United Kingdom | Jan. 24, 2011 15:25
About:China Work Visa

I want to be an au pair in China for a year. I have a Chinese family that want me to come over, and I've sorted out insurance/ flight costs/ etc, but I dont really know if that counts as work in a traditional sense. I'm being paid "pocket money" really, and even though I'm a native English speaker, I've not been to Uni yet (this is my Gap year project!) so I'm not a specialist yet...

Do I go on a tourist visa, or a work Z, and how would I justify my choice if I'm questioned by an authority?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Alvin from China | Jan. 24, 2011 21:37
That is to say, you want to stay in China for a year as an au pair worker, right? If yes, the Tourist (L) visa is not applicable. you may need to apply for a work visa instead.
Related Questions:
Can I get a 4 month F visa to stay in China
Asked by Tracey from Canada
| Mar. 06, 2017 20:04
I'm a Filipina but I work in Thailand. I want to know what visa to apply fo...
Asked by Charisse from Philippines
| May. 30, 2017 20:15
I'm an Australian citizen living in China and I've got a job as an au pair ...
Asked by Ms.monica from australia
| May. 21, 2009 01:49
Au pair is kind of nanny. My Hungarian host family need to au pair. We wou...
Asked by Mrs.Munguu from Mongolia
| Oct. 13, 2009 20:13
Hello. Which Visa is suitable for a candidate who wants to be an au pair in...
Asked by Nelisa from South Africa
| Oct. 25, 2018 19:06
Au Pair Visa
Asked by Dee from Philippines
| Feb. 03, 2016 19:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)