Asked by Mr.Shiny from Pakistan | Jan. 15, 2011 08:42
About:Marriage Registration in China

hi i m from pakistan
i have a gf lives in hong kong and i want to go there and i go there getting vist visa so my question is
do i can marry with my gf holding vist visa ?
can i get the citizen ship of hong kong ?
if i cant marry holding visit visa so what visa i need to get marry her ? plz answer as soon as possible ..

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Alvin from China | Jan. 16, 2011 02:29
You should give notice of your intended marriage to the marriage registries either directly or through a civil celebrant of marriages before your wedding. There are no residential requirements for marriage and the marrying parties may be of any nationality. that is to say, you can get marryed in HK on a visit visa. Under the Laws of Hong Kong, you will have to go through the following procedures for solemnizing a marriage in Hong Kong:

Either one of you has to give a Notice of Intended Marriage (the notice) to the Registrar of Marriages (the Registrar) in the prescribed form either directly or through a civil celebrant of marriages.
The Registrar shall exhibit the notice in his office until the issue of a Certificate of Registrar of Marriages or the expiry of the 3-month period.
The Registrar may, at least 15 days after the giving of a notice, issue a Certificate of Registrar of Marriages to enable you to celebrate your marriage within three months from the date of notice giving if all the statutory requirements are met.
If the marriage does not take place within three months after the giving of the notice, the notice and all proceedings thereupon shall be void. You have to give another notice before getting married.
Related Questions:
I m waqas from pakistan but now in saudi arabia and i want to go to HK
Asked by Waqas from Pakistan
| Mar. 25, 2016 22:33
foreigner can get Married in Guangzhou ?
Asked by naveer from India
| Nov. 22, 2016 03:08
Hi I m Tariq from Pakistan. I have an Emport&Export company. I want to ...
Asked by Mr.Tariq Mahmood Azhar from Pakistan
| Jun. 09, 2009 02:42
what requirements do i need to apply for a HK visa?
Asked by saeed from Philippines
| Jan. 30, 2015 02:09
marriage information
Asked by hussain from Pakistan
| Jun. 07, 2015 04:25
I would like to ask if my girl is meant for me to settled down. we both wor...
Asked by Padraic from Hongkong
| Aug. 06, 2014 03:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)