Asked by Mr.Raymond Morris from USA | Jan. 12, 2011 13:52
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.


I currently have a 1 year multiple entry chinese visa which will expire in may of 2011. My passport will expire in September of 2011. I may need to travel to china in march of 2011 which could mean that I will enter china with a valid visa however my passport will be valid for less than 6 months from my date of entry.

Do I need a new passport and/or visa or will I be ok to enter because I currently have a visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ELLIOTT from China | Jan. 13, 2011 01:05
You don't need a new passport or visa, you can enter China by taking your passport and valid visa on your passport. A passport with at least 6 months remaining validity is required when you apply for China visa, now you already have a China visa, if your passport still has one month validity after you return to USA from China, it is accepted by China immigration officer at customs, therefore, it is ok for you to use your passport to enter China.
Related Questions:
L visa renewal in China
Asked by Josh from USA
| Mar. 04, 2013 20:45
Hello, I'm holding a Thai passport with L visa which will expire on the ...
Asked by Ms.Chalisa from Thailand
| May. 18, 2010 19:46
Can I cancel my one year visa six days before expiry and apply for a new on...
Asked by Don from Thailand
| Nov. 20, 2014 20:40
X1 chinese visa application in Thailand on tourist visa
Asked by Kara from Thailand
| Aug. 20, 2018 02:33
Hello, Hi currently have a L visa with Multiple entries for 90 of each...
Asked by Mr.Jonathan from United States
| May. 22, 2009 03:26
My 1 year multiple entry L visa with 30 days stay with each entry will expi...
Asked by Mr.Joel Geolingo from Philippines
| Jul. 09, 2010 02:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)