Asked by Mr.said from Kenya | Dec. 27, 2010 21:20
About:China Embassy in Malaysia

I am a student studying in Malaysia, i have however completed my studies in Malaysia and am about to tranfer to Canada in january, I was about to get a ticket and realised that some of them have layover in hong kong or shanghai, i was wondering if a transit visa was required for any of these places as the layover is at most 6 hours, also if i wished to spend a day or two in any of these places, would that be possible, what documents would i need to show? thank you very much, have a nice day.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELPER from China | Dec. 28, 2010 01:37
You are exempted from visa to HK for 90 days. And also, a transit visa is not required if you will stay in Shanghai (in the airport) for not more than 24 hours. But if you want to spend a day or two in Shanghai, you are required to apply for a tourist visa in advance.
The requirements for a China Tourist visa are listed above on this page. Please check your own. In addition,you can read Shanghai Tours( if you need more travel info.
Related Questions:
i am a student from kenya studying in malaysia, i have a tourist visa for s...
Asked by Ms.haji from Kenya
| Jul. 11, 2009 04:21
I am studying in malaysia and have student visa. I want to attend in a conf...
Asked by Mr.jim from Iran
| Nov. 12, 2010 02:52
I want to visit Macau for tourism. Where I need to apply for visa??
Asked by Syed
| Oct. 13, 2013 02:41
my nationality is Afghanistan so can I get the china visa? If yes, what doc...
Asked by dawood from Afghanistan
| Jul. 28, 2015 01:54
Visa application procedure!
Asked by Dawood Azeem from Bangladesh
| Oct. 16, 2015 02:35
Dear Sir, I am a Bangladeshi student staying in Malaysia with a student ...
Asked by Mr.Shah from Bangladesh/Malaysia
| May. 02, 2010 21:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)