Asked by Mr.James Grier from USA | Dec. 15, 2010 16:06
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

I am an American citizen. I have taken a job with the millitary, in Germany. I now have a SOFA visa in my passport. I am married to a Chinee national who is living in China. My wife is on my traveling orders and would get a SoFA visa also.

When I went to the airport with my wife here in China, the immigration officer said my wife need a visa from China to be able to leave China. This is because "she is still a Chinee citizen"

Do you know how I can get around this restriction since I want to go and take the job in Germany, with my wife.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ELLIOTT from China | Dec. 16, 2010 02:16
Your wife can apply for German visa from Germany embassy/consulate in China( which holds consular jurisdiction over the place where your wife resides.
Related Questions:
I am an American citizen teaching in Korea. I have a job offer in Beijing....
Asked by Mr.Josephs from Korea
| Jan. 11, 2011 20:52
Z type for China American passport holder apply from India?
Asked by KarRy from China
| Jun. 29, 2015 01:03
US citizen traveling in germany and need to obtain chinese visa
Asked by tiffany from Germany
| Aug. 30, 2014 04:12
I am an American citizen(American passport)and I am working for Swiss/Germa...
Asked by Mr.Lawrence Sedillo from USA
| Aug. 10, 2009 04:53
Permission to leave airport on transit visa?
Asked by Beth from USA
| Jan. 09, 2013 01:27
Hello, I am an American Citizen, living in Germany, who has applied to v...
Asked by Ms.Kyle Flaugher from Germany
| Apr. 04, 2011 03:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)