Asked by Mr.Verdine from New Zealand | Dec. 01, 2010 18:00
About:China Embassy in New Zealand

Hi there,

I am a New Zealand Permanent Resident and a Zimbabwean Citizen. I will be travelling to South Africa via Hong Kong on a New Zealand Certificate of Identity. Initially, I applied for a tourist visa nearly four weeks ago as my family and I intended to spend a five day stop-over in Hong Kong. The visa has still not arrived and I have since missed by initial flight. Due to this, we will now only be transitting through Hong Kong and remaining airside. Will the tourist visa be fine for this transit or do I need to apply for a transit visa instead? If so, how much longer will this take? I have not been able to get a solid answer from anyone at the Chinese Embassy in New Zealand. I have missed two flights awaiting the Hong Kong visa which is costing me a lot of money. I am heading to a family reunion in Zimbabwe as I have not seen my family in 10 years. At this stage I am wondering if the Hong Kong visa will ever come. I already have a returning residents visa and a South African visa. Any help you could give would be highly appreciated as I cannot afford to miss another flight.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ELLIOTT from China | Dec. 02, 2010 21:21
Mr.Verdine, as I know, Zimbabwean passport holders are exempt from a visa to Hong Kong for up to 90 days, you don't need to apply for a Hong Kong visa, now you can take a flight to Hong Kong, the returning resident visa and South African visa are very helpful for you to pass the customs because they can prove that you won't overstay in Hong Kong(
Related Questions:
Travel visa. Do I need a visa and at what cost?
Asked by JC from Japan
| Sep. 18, 2018 00:05
nepalese national with nepali passport. have 11 hrs layover. am i eligible ...
Asked by pratiksha Ad from Nepal
| Nov. 21, 2017 19:36
I was wondering if I need a transit visa?
Asked by Minoo from Iran
| May. 25, 2016 04:50
May i know if the tourist visa application to China for less than a month w...
Asked by Charye Ren from New Zealand
| Jan. 21, 2015 03:36
visiting china Beijing
Asked by sarah from New Zealand
| Feb. 23, 2014 03:48
Can I get a holiday visa for China with a drunk driving conviction from 5 y...
Asked by Thomas from New Zealand
| Aug. 08, 2012 04:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)