Asked by Mr.David from USA | Sep. 29, 2010 06:46
About:China Embassy in Thailand

I am a US citizen traveling from South Korea to Thailand (Bangkok) and then to China. I cannot get a Chinese Visa from South Korea, because China just changed their visa requirements here. Can I get the Chinese visa once I land in Bangkok? Is it easiest to go to the China Embassy in person or is it best to go through a travel agency? If I give my passport to a travel agency, can I still fly from Bangkok to Phuket with just my US driver's license? Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from United Kingdom | Sep. 29, 2010 21:31
It is possible for you to get Chinese visa from Chian embassy in Bangkok, but it is not 100%. It is easiest to go to the China embassy in person to submit the application, no appointment is required, it is easy for USA citizens to get a China tourist visa in Bangkok, if you apply for it through a travel agency, you have to pay for extra fee for its service. You can't fly from Bangkok to Phuket with your US driver's license. It takes 4 working days for visa processing, therefore, your original passport should be left at the visa office of the embassy for 4 working days.
Related Questions:
I am a U.S. citizen living in South Korea. I cannot get a Chinese visa from...
Asked by Ms.Shauna from USA
| Jul. 06, 2010 20:49
Can I get a tourist L to China as an American citizen while traveling in Ko...
Asked by Dennis from USA
| Aug. 21, 2017 21:46
do I need some sort of transit visa to Hong Kong?
Asked by Henry Besong from Cameroon
| Feb. 21, 2016 02:32
I'm a US citizen currently living in South Korea and have planned on vacati...
Asked by Ms.Colleen from USA
| Dec. 29, 2010 21:20
I am US citizen living in Guam and planning to get traveling visa to Chines...
Ms.MIRAGIM from United States
| Jan. 03, 2011 20:21
Can a U.S. citizen applying for China visa in Hong Kong(not resident of Hon...
Asked by guest from Thailand
| Jul. 21, 2011 04:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)