Asked by Ms.Lisa from Canada | Sep. 13, 2010 08:40
About:China Travel Tips

I am studying in China for a little less than 6 months. My school has informed me that I will not need to obtain a resident permit in this case. I currently have a "registration form of temporary residence" and a single-entry 6-month visa. With these, will I be able to travel in/out of mainland China (e.g., Taiwan, Hong Kong)? If not, what will I need to do? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Cindy from China | Sep. 13, 2010 20:41
I am afriad no. No problem for you to enter Hong Kong but you need visa to get back to mainland China. Or you can go to Hong Kong first and then go into mainland. If you will go to mainland and then to Hong Kong and back again, that is twn entries. You can go to West Gate, China Resources Building, Glocester Road, Wanchai District, Hong Kong Island before 9am and apply for Chinese visa (nearly 300HKD) to have the visa in the afternoon, the same day. Taiwan is similar.
Related Questions:
Staying in China less than 6 months
Asked by Candy from USA
| Feb. 24, 2013 10:02
Are there any limits on who can apply for Double and Multi Entry visas?
Asked by Michael from Australia
| Jul. 31, 2015 23:00
Can you have a student and business visa?
Asked by Michelle from U.S
| May. 21, 2017 20:42
s2 visa information
Asked by farman ali from China
| Oct. 31, 2018 20:28
Hello, I am a US citizen who and I am studying in India - I will be goi...
Asked by Mr.Kevin from USA
| Nov. 25, 2010 20:21
Hi there I have a question. I have been granted Single entry Business Visa...
Asked by Ms.SBasu from UK
| Aug. 15, 2009 03:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)