Asked by Ms.Tara from USA | Jun. 14, 2010 23:42
About:China Embassy in Thailand

I am American who has been living in Bangkok - I currently am on a 3 month tourist visa that I obtained in Vietnam. I am planning on moving to China, and have some job interviews in Shanghai. I would like to apply for a 6 month or 1 year mutiple entry visa, but I am wondering if it is best to try and get it in Bangkok or Hong Kong. Is it easier in Hong Kong? What will help me to be eligible for the multiple entry?

thanks in advance,

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Adam from USA | Jun. 15, 2010 02:48
Ms.Tara, it is advisable to get a multiple-entry China visa in Hong Kong, the visa regulations are not strict in HK. You can write you need to travel between Shanghai and Hong Kong frequently, then the visa officer will know that you need multiple-entry visa.

U.S citizens may apply for a single, double-entry visa valid for 3 months or a multi-entry tourist visa valid for 12 months. If people apply for a multi-entry tourist visa for 12 months their passports should be valid for at least 18 months.
Related Questions:
i am australian living in shanghai with an F expiring in august...
Asked by jodie from china
| Apr. 26, 2013 04:13
I am an American living in Thailand on a multiple-year Thai work visa and h...
Asked by Mr.Chris from USA
| May. 10, 2010 02:36
i have been to beijing last year before the olympics but the first visa c...
Asked by Ms.janet from Philippines
| May. 17, 2009 21:44
I am an American who has been living in Burkina Faso for the past two years...
Asked by Ms.Laurino from Burkina Faso
| Sep. 13, 2010 21:59
Can an American apply for a Chinese visa in Germany?
Asked by Connie from USA
| Aug. 17, 2012 02:15
I am an American citizen who has been living in Japan. Is it possible to ha...
Asked by Mr.Reese from USA
| Jul. 07, 2009 20:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)