Asked by Mr.Confused from USA | Jun. 10, 2010 16:24
About:China Business Visa


If anyone can spare me a moment to help me out, that would be great...

My problem is that my American company wants to send me to their Shanghai office. It's a small start up company with only 45 people roughly, so they don't know how to handle this very well.

Originally I was planning on staying there for a couple of years, so I wanted to apply for a Z-Visa, but that's way too complicated.

What would be a lot less painful would be to apply for a F-Visa, and then head over there for as long as the Visa lasted, then renew it every time it is necessary. I think you can get a multiple 6-month F visa, so therefore I would be able to stay in the country for at least 6 months before having to leave and get a new F-Visa. (Is that correct?)

Is it possible to stay in China to do business development for my American company with just using an F-Visa? Or does that fall into the Z-Visa category?

Will it work this way? I heard it was possible to get a 2-year F Visa after getting a couple of F-VISA’s, and I just want to make sure I’m doing taking this the right way.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Charles | Jun. 13, 2010 21:43
yes, it is simple for you to apply for F visa, you can stay in China for up to 6 months if you hold F visa, you need the introduction letter from your US company prescribing the stay duration, purpose of coming to China, etc. You can stay in China to do business development for your US company. You can apply for a Multiple Entry "F" Visa valid for 24 months if you have been issued "F" visa at least twice times, and shall submit copies of the visas
Related Questions:
I'm at Supreme Tower Hotel near Laoshan East Road Pudong, Lujiazui & Expo P...
Asked by Bijali from India
| Nov. 17, 2016 23:58
How can I do for application if my passport is valid for 5 months only
Asked by HAN from Australia
| Jun. 06, 2013 02:03
M visa type expand without leaving from China
Asked by Lilit from Russia
| Nov. 04, 2018 17:55
Hello, can anyone help me out with something. What is the easiest and fast...
Ms.ANGELFISH09 from Afghanistan
| Mar. 28, 2010 22:44
I would like information about how visit the Great Wall that is near Datong...
Asked by Mr.Nuria from Spain
| Jul. 06, 2009 22:51
Hello, I will be traveling to China for work. I would like to take some...
Asked by Mr.Burroughs from USA
| Oct. 24, 2009 21:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)