Asked by Ms.Zhang from USA | May. 19, 2010 11:59
About:China Consulate in San Francisco

My son holds a US passport but it expires in Aug, 2010, he also has a travel permit(旅行证)to China, which was issued in 2009 and valid for two years. We are going back to China on Jun. 6 in about 2 weeks. My question are:

1) Does he still need to renew his US passport?
2) My husband and I are now green card holders (our status changed after my kid got his travel permit last year), does he need a visa to China this year or the travel permit still works until it expires next year?


Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Adam from USA | May. 20, 2010 04:19
1) you son need to renew his US passport
2) he can't use the travel permit to enter China because the Travel Permit of PRC is issued to Chinese citizens, now it has expired because he has joined the US nationaliy and you and your huband are Green Card holders

You son should first renew his passport, then apply for China visa, a valid original passport with at least two blank visa pages and at least 6-month validity is required for China visa application.
Related Questions:
visa or travel document?
Asked by Mingfang from USA
| Jun. 21, 2013 01:33
My Son is a Canadaian citizen holding a Canadain passport (expiring 2010 Ap...
Asked by Mr.Vancouverdad from Can
| Sep. 21, 2009 20:22
How to apply for Chinese visa for my son (15 and 11 year old)
Asked by Vivian from USA
| Sep. 17, 2015 02:04
Will a valid Chinese visa in old US passport still work after I apply for a...
Asked by Angela Xing from USA
| Jul. 17, 2013 02:45
My son is in China to study Mandarin. He holds U.S. passport. He has a sing...
Asked by Mrs.Boyd from U.S.A.
| Aug. 10, 2010 03:26
My son holds canadian passport, and he is now staying in China, I holds chi...
Asked by Mr.Dong from PRC
| May. 12, 2009 22:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)