Asked by Ms.nikki from USA | Mar. 30, 2010 01:41
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

Hello, I am a US citizen who is going to be graduating high school this year, and after graduation I am planning to go to China to visit one of my friends who was on exchange here last year. She lives in Beijing, and I was planning to live with her and her family for 21 days. I know that I will need a tourist visa, but she told me that I might need to have a hotel booked in order to obtain that visa. Is that true? I wouldn't have one because I'd be staying in a Chinese citizen's home.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Nancy from USA | Mar. 30, 2010 04:36
Ms.nikki, the hotel reservation is not required for USA applicants, you just need to submit the following documents to the the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate -General which holds consular jurisdiction over the state where you reside;

1.A valid passport as well as a copy of its information page: Your valid passport must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity and at least one blank visa page in it.
2.Application form: One completed Visa Application Form.
3.Photo: one recent photo of 2x2 square inch (black & white or color is acceptable) glued or stapled on the application form.

for more information, please refer to
Related Questions:
i am a graduating high school student and i dont know what course should i ...
| May. 06, 2014 20:33
accompanying family member
Asked by Nagima from Uzbekistan
| Dec. 22, 2013 03:04
Hello ... I am a Canadian citizen currently residing the U.S. (Los Angeles...
Asked by Mr.Jacob Frank from Canada
| Oct. 11, 2009 04:34
I am tiger born on Jan. 22 1999 what does my future hold?
Asked by Makeighla from USA
| Jul. 06, 2015 01:19
Hello, I am a US citizen who and I am studying in India - I will be goi...
Asked by Mr.Kevin from USA
| Nov. 25, 2010 20:21
Can I apply for my visa in Nassau by mail, or have a service take care of i...
Asked by OM4 from USA
| Apr. 20, 2014 05:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)