Asked by Mr.Hung from USA | Mar. 18, 2010 10:40
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

I am a Taiwan citizen living in the US. I will be traveling to several countries in Asia in May and Hong Kong will be the hub for my trips to these countries (Taiwan, Thailand, and Malaysia). If I have someone apply for my "Tai Bao Zheng" in Taiwan and mail it to me, can I use my Tai Bao Zheng to enter Hong Kong (each stay will only last one or two days)? Or do I still need a visa to enter Hong Kong? Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Alex from HK/China | Mar. 22, 2010 02:33
Mr.Hung, you still need a Hong Kong Entry Permit to enter Hong Kong; if you just transit Hong Kong to enter and exit Mainland China and has the visa annotation to Mainland China on your Tai Bao Zheng, then you can don't need an entry permit to visit Hong Kong for 7 days, now, you won't go to Mainland China, so you need an entry permit to visit Hong Kong.
Related Questions:
Which entry permit should I apply? A China VISA or a tai bao zheng? or both...
Asked by Ms. L from USA
| Apr. 03, 2012 02:00
Multiple entry visa for PRC
Asked by Barbara from USA
| Apr. 23, 2013 03:35
British citizen living in Taiwan
Asked by Rick from Taiwan
| Dec. 21, 2015 21:17
do i need visa to travel between hong kong and taiwain?
Asked by Kathy from Australia
| May. 03, 2018 22:52
Can I use the 72-hour transit permit?
Asked by Eric Hu from USA
| May. 24, 2013 01:25
american in taiwan going to china
Asked by Felix from USA
| Oct. 17, 2013 03:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)