Asked by Ms.Catherine from Canada | Mar. 03, 2010 20:44
About:Chinese Embassy in Canada

I am a student from Canada and going to join 2 internship offered by differen companies in China this summer and each internship will last for 1 month.

planning to depart from Canada and go to Shanghai for the first internship, and then will have 2 weeks break before I go to join another one in Beijing. I am wondering what kind of visa should I obtain, is the tourist visa ok for this? Since both internships are solely learning attachment and I will not receive salary.

Including the 2 weeks break in between I will need to stay in China for at least 10 weeks, understand that the maximum duration for an entry in 30 days, is that possible for getting a visa for longer duration before my departure or would it be easier to apply for an extention when I arrive China?

Please kindly advice and thanks a lot in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.James from Canada | Mar. 04, 2010 01:03
Ms.Catherine, you should apply for single entry business visa (F visa) which is issued to aliens who come to China for business, research, lecture, science and technology exchange visits on invitation and short-term training and internship of less than six months. Each company should send your an invitation letter, you can use the two invitation letters to apply for a single entry F visa with 75 days stay duration. How a try! The worst thing is that you get 30 days stay duration, after entering China, you can apply for extension of stay duration.
Related Questions:
I'm a student and I applied 6 months visa F for my practical internship in ...
Asked by Mr.Dan from Malaysia
| Sep. 12, 2010 04:28
Which visa should I apply for an internship in the arts in Beijing
Asked by jojo from Netherlands
| Feb. 12, 2016 00:11
Hi, currently I am a student in Malaysia. I plan to go China twice in this ...
Asked by Ms.Belinda from Malaysia
| Mar. 14, 2010 21:26
school children and guardian visa
Asked by Asan from Kyrgyzstan
| May. 30, 2017 20:27
I am offered an internship with a magazine in Beijing and need to apply for...
Asked by Ms.Jolene from Malaysia
| Jul. 21, 2009 04:50
Which visa should I apply for to work in paid internship?
Asked by Julie from US
| Jun. 11, 2016 03:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)