Asked by Mr.Jeremy from Thailand | Feb. 26, 2010 08:40
About:China Consulates in Thailand

I'm an American living and working in Phuket, Thailand. I need to go to China for 2 or 3 days...where and how do I obtain a visa? I really don't want to go to Bangkok...can I get the visa in Phuket?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Feb. 28, 2010 18:55
Mr.Jeremy, Phuket is under the consular jurisdiction of Consulate-General of China in Songkhla, so you can go to Songkhla to obtain a visa. If you go to China for sightseeing, you can apply for tourist visa (L), please submit the following documents to China consulate or entrust someone else to submit it:
1. your original passport
2. one completed visa application form attached with one recent passport photo
3. valid Thai visa or Thai residence permit or other legal entry permit to Thailand
4. sometimes, the travel information, such as the hotel booking and return flight ticket, are required. In most situations, for USA citizens, they are not required.
Related Questions:
Is there a way I can get a chinese visa here in Phuket, (without traveling ...
Asked by Pete from USA
| Sep. 24, 2012 03:06
Are there any travel agents in Phuket that could process my China visa?
Asked by Ms.Lexi from Thailand
| Oct. 24, 2009 21:38
hi im holding ukrainian passport, and dont have any time to get visa for h...
Asked by Mrs.Gekkie
| Jun. 04, 2009 20:18
8-Hour Layover in Beijing traveling from Thailand to America?
Asked by Jill from USA
| Sep. 06, 2016 21:22
Im American citizen on tourist visa in Thailand. Can I open PRC tourist L t...
Asked by Mike from USA
| Sep. 26, 2016 22:17
can I apply for Hongkong visa in Phuket Thailand as Im working here at the ...
Asked by Ruby from Vietnam
| Feb. 17, 2014 21:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)