Asked by Mrs.Anna from Italy | Feb. 16, 2010 11:37
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Hi. I have a F single entry visa valid for 90 days. I've just realized that I will stay in China for 91 days, infact I will arrive in China the 24th of February and I'll leave the 25th of May. Is that a problem? Do I have to ask an extension of the visa? Can I do it in China?
Thank you very much

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.WMF from US | Feb. 20, 2010 00:16
While it may seem harmless to overstay one day, I would not advise. I spend at least half the year in China and have heard many stories. Overstaying a visa is a crime. While not severe, the penalty is RMB500 per day and you will also probably have to pay for a new visa and be scolded by many. The high side can be worse, it is China and it is their country. If you must stay, get an extension. If you can change your flight plans it would probably be easier. I hope this helps.
Related Questions:
Valid single-entry china visa
Asked by kambalah from Philippines
| Mar. 18, 2016 23:00
Hi Please could you advise me. If I have a 90 days double entry f vi...
Asked by Mr.Jay from C
| Jan. 24, 2011 20:49
VISA validity. What will be the fees for extension..
Asked by Bharti from India
| Mar. 21, 2018 20:56
I have a question, I am a yearlong American student at Peking University...
Asked by Ms.Susan Wang from USA
| Nov. 28, 2009 02:07
Double entry L visa
Asked by Mike from Ireland
| Mar. 08, 2013 02:56
can I Extend my F Chinese visa by 1 month period in Shanghai itself
Asked by Ganesh Bhongale from India
| Nov. 01, 2011 04:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)