Asked by Ms.Tay | Jan. 10, 2010 22:14
About:China Embassy in Singapore

My husband and I are Singaporeans. My husband has a work visa in HK and he has sponsored my dependant visa. My mother, who is also a Singaporean, will be visiting us for a period of time. I understand that Singaporeans can stay in HK for a maximum of 90 days. However, what if she wants to stay more than 90 days? Any visa that she can apply? What if she wants to go there to do some business?

Also, my mother has a contract with a Filipino maid in Singapore. When she visits me in HK, the maid will come along but I understand that Filipinos can only stay a maximum of 14 days in HK. Can we also apply for a visa for the maid?

Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.MILES from United Kingdom | Jan. 13, 2010 02:19
You can apply for HK visit visa for your mother and her maid at the Immigration Department of HK government, the folowing documents are required to provide:
Application for Entry for Visit/Transit in Hong Kong (ID 1003A)

The applicant's recent photograph (affixed on page 1 of the application form ID 1003A)

Photocopy of the applicant's travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable)

Photocopy of proof of the applicant's financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.

Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary

Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
Related Questions:
Where are the highlights in Miyun?
Asked by Joey Tan from Singapore
| Apr. 27, 2014 22:37
Singaporean children with only australian passports
Asked by Gwen from Singapore
| Sep. 14, 2012 02:36
Visa and air ticket
Asked by Tan kowchew from Singapore
| Oct. 15, 2017 21:36
Do I need to apply for a chinese visa
Asked by Jason from Singapore
| Jan. 22, 2014 03:45
is visa required for Singaporeans travelling to Xiamen
Asked by alfred from Singapore
| Dec. 10, 2017 20:42
do singaporeans require a VISA to go hainan?
Asked by chris from Singapore
| Jun. 30, 2011 01:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)