Asked by Ms.norah from USA | Dec. 16, 2009 09:41
About:China Visa Application in USA

I am a resident of New Jersey but I am not able to go to the consulate in New York City during business hours and I don't have anyone who can go there for me but I do have a trusted friend who is able to go to the embassy in Washington, D.C. with my application. Is that alright or is that permitted because New Jersey is in a different district? I am taking all of my vacation time to go on holiday to China and so I can't take vacation time to go to New York City for the day to get my visa.

Thank you soooo much for your helpful advice!

Answers (2)
Answered by Mr.Adam from United States of America | Dec. 17, 2009 04:42
Ms.norah, if you don't submit visa application according to the consular districts of Chinese embassy or consulates in USA, your visa application maybe delayed or even rejected. You can entrust a visa agency or travel agency to apply for you.
Answered by Ms.norah from USA | Dec. 17, 2009 09:10
Thank you Mr. Adam, I read that information on the website but it only said "may" so I was uncertain about the necessity of applying for a visa at the NYC consular office. I guess I will find a friend who can help me in New York instead but it is much less convenient.

Have a great day!
Related Questions:
Do I need a confirmed Air ticket for applying Chinese visa
Asked by Gopal from USA
| Jun. 29, 2016 02:39
I am traveling to Shanghai with my two grandchildren
Asked by Theresa Allen
| May. 26, 2017 20:46
Hong Kong Visa. How long in advance I can apply for the visa before my trip...
Asked by NAM TRAN from United States
| Apr. 27, 2018 21:55
Other Documetns i need for China visa application.
Asked by Mark from USA
| Mar. 03, 2012 02:05
from Florida wanting to get a chinese visa
Asked by rosalinda petinglay from usa
| Mar. 14, 2016 21:35
Visitor visa
Asked by Joan Sammy from USA
| May. 19, 2016 20:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)