Asked by Mr.DAWIT from Zimbabwe | Sep. 15, 2009 06:20
About:China Embassy in Malaysia

We have two questions and would be grateful for any help.

1. I am a Canadian citizen and my female partner is from the Philippines. We have been issued the two necessary documents (Work Permit and Visa Request) from a university in China to obtain "Z" visas at the Chinese Embassy in Kuala Lumphur. We are currently on holiday here in Malaysia. Thus, we are on "Malaysian Tourist Visas". We DO NOT hold a Malaysian Permanent Residence status and we DO NOT have Malaysian Work Permits. Will the Chinese Embassy in Kuala Lumpur issue us the "Z" visas if we only have Malaysian Tourist Visas?

2. My partner has a Philippines Passport that will expire on May 1st, 1010. The university issued the documents for the "Z" visa on her current passport. If we get her a new passport but the visa was issued to the old passport number can we bring both passports and still have a valid Chinese "Z" visa from the old canceled passport? Ie: Can she use the "Z" visa issued on the canceled passport to enter China or does she need to get another "Z" visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Michael | Sep. 15, 2009 20:06
1. Only the Chian embassy in Malaysia can give you exact answer about this.
Tel: 60-3-21636815 (ext. 102, 103, 104, 105, 106), 21636814
Fax: 60-3-21636809
For Visa: Tel: 60-3-21645250
Office Hours: 9:00am -11:45am, Mon.-Fri. (except public holidays of China & Malaysia)
2. Your partner can apply for the Chian work visa with the old and new passports, the embassy may issue the visa on her new passport if the old one is less than 6 months valid when she submit the application.
Related Questions:
Working Parents and children
Asked by Julia from Russia
| Aug. 24, 2017 20:54
Hi. We will be in Beijing this Saturday (April 16th) and Sunday (17th) T...
Asked by Mr.Petman from South Korea
| Apr. 11, 2011 20:15
EU passport holders (non-Japanese residents): Apply for Chinese tourist vis...
Asked by Eva from Finland
| Oct. 08, 2016 02:18
Self-do tour Zhangjiajie
Asked by Wu from Malaysia
| Feb. 14, 2015 00:20
Can you please confirm what visa i would need for my cruise ?
Asked by Natalie from United Kingdom
| Jan. 09, 2016 21:41
transit between South Korea - Beijing - Amsterdam - Portugal (Portugal my f...
Asked by Alexandra Rodrigues from South Korea
| Apr. 14, 2014 03:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)