Asked by Ms.Withers from Australia | Aug. 19, 2009 05:38
About:China Embassy in Australia

We already stayed in china earlier in July for 4 days on our way to the UK (from Australia). We had a visa for that visit, but realised just now that it was a single entry visa. We are heading back through Shanghai on our way back to Australia and have a 10 hour stop over that we were hoping to leave the airport for. Is it possible to leave the airport for this amount of time without another visa? If it is not possible how do we go about getting a visa for this stay if we are in the UK now until we leave for Sydney on the 1st September.
Thank you E. WIthers

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Victor | Aug. 20, 2009 02:20
Australian pasport holders are free of visa and are allowed to move out of the airport when transitting Shanghai for less than 48 hours, but you have to show your valid passport, visas for the onward countries, final destination tickets.
Related Questions:
Hi, Tourist visa from UK
Asked by Michelle from China
| Mar. 26, 2018 01:53
My cruise ends in Shanghai, questions about visa
Asked by Dave G from USA
| Aug. 03, 2013 22:31
for a 4 days stopover in Beijing and another stopover 4 days in shanghai, d...
Asked by Susana from UK
| Feb. 26, 2018 20:17
Question from Fiona (in NZ) regarding visa application
Asked by Fiona from New Zealand
| Apr. 10, 2014 03:27
Im planning to stop in Shanghai for 4 days on way home to UK from Australia...
Asked by Peter from United Kingdom
| Feb. 17, 2015 03:41
Travelling to Beijing for 4 days on our way home from Korea to Germany
Asked by Sarah from Korea
| Feb. 09, 2012 01:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)