Asked by Mr.Michael from Australia | Aug. 14, 2009 04:14
About:Chinese Embassy in Australia

I was planning on traveling in china by bicycle, both entering and exiting china over land, rather than by plane. Is this possible, and if so what proof do I need to provide in my application. Would I still need a confirmed return air ticket?
thank you for your help

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Georgia | Aug. 15, 2009 00:54
Those who like to travel through China by his/her own vehicle or on foot have to find a travel agent in their own countries first. And then they should submit the document specifying the name list of the travelers, touring schedule (namely, port and time of entry, touring route, cities to call at and programs in China) and the vehicle information through the travel agent in their own countries to an authorized international travel agency in China three months in advance. The following international travel agency in China can be contacted on this occasion:

China Travel Service, Head Office

Address: 2, Beisanhuan East Road, Beijing-100028, P.R. China
Tel: 0086-10-6462 2288 Fax: 0086-10-6460 3185

Related Questions:
May a visitor bring a bicycle into China?
Asked by Mr.Boles from Canada
| Feb. 12, 2009 21:49
hallo Can i take a bicycle on trains in China....
Asked by Mr.Nietvelt from Belgium
| Apr. 21, 2009 20:29
Can i carry a bicycle (disassembled) on china trains?
Asked by Mr.Rui Santana from Portugal
| May. 03, 2010 04:12
am i allowed to bring my bicycle on board the train?
Asked by lee from Australia
| Dec. 20, 2017 19:24
From Shaoguan to Wuhan?
Asked by Pekka from Finlan
| Apr. 06, 2013 02:53
I'm an indian citizen and planning to tour china and Hong kong in bicycle a...
Asked by chethan from India
| Feb. 17, 2012 03:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)