Asked by Ms.Ashley from China | Jul. 31, 2009 18:58
About:China Embassy in Canada

I am a Chinese. My boyfriend is a Canadian. He wants to apply for a permanent Chinese visa to live with me in China. Is it possible for him? Or he must get married with me first, and then he can get a permanent Chinese visa? How long is it for him to get a permanent Chinese visa, after he apply for it? Thanks so much.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.lilian from China | Aug. 01, 2009 03:04
It is impossible to get a permanent Chinese visa even though he get married with you. The Permanent Residence permit is only issued to very few aliens who make great contributions to China, the conditions are very rigour.

In order to qualify for permanent residence status, you must fulfill at least one of the following criteria:

I. Be a high-level foreign expert holding a post which promotes China's economic, scientific and technological development, or social progress.

II. Have made outstanding contributions of special importance to China

III. Have made a large direct investment of over US$ 500,000 in China

IV. Have come to China to be with your family, such as spouse, dependent minors or senior citizens.

Related Questions:
Hi, are rabbit and tiger compatible?
Asked by Shila from United Kingdom
| Feb. 27, 2014 02:41
Are we compatible at all?
Asked by Sam from USA
| Apr. 09, 2014 04:21
will we ever get married to each other, or will i get married to someone el...
Asked by ACE from USA
| Jul. 07, 2015 10:02
I am a tiger and same with my boyfriend, will it work?
Asked by Laura from United Kingdom
| Apr. 13, 2013 21:06
I am a monkey and my boyfriend is a horse are we compatible
Asked by Helen from Nigeria
| Mar. 17, 2014 04:38
Is it possible we get married in the feature?
| May. 18, 2014 04:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)