Asked by from Canada | May. 13, 2009 18:20
About:China Embassy in Canada

Dear Sir/Madam:
Recently I wrote thatI am a Chinese borned, naturalized Canadian Citizen since 1967. I was born in the village of Lin Fong, in the province of Canton (1952). The last name that my parents used to immigrant to Canada was Ng, and because Ng is not pronouniable, and so like my grandfather, we've adopted Ing as our last name, but not legally changed. Today, I would like to revolve this problem, but I do not have a birth certificate from my birth place, I am wondering if the Chinese Embassy can help me in any way. Also, I am very keen on teaching English as a second language, could you also give me some advice on that aspect. Thank you. And on Apr. 30,2009 04:11
Ms.Lilian(China) replied:

Ms.Ing, you can go to the Public Security Bureau in charge of Lin Fong Villge to deal with this thing. Can you speak Chinese, if not, you need an interpreter to accompany you. Can anyone tell me where the Public Secuiry Bureau in charge of Lin fong Village is? I have no idea! Please!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.Joanna from CN | May. 13, 2009 20:40
Ms ing, is that Lin Fong or Lin Fang? In Chinese, there is no such spelling "Lin Fong"? Is "Lin Fong" cantonese? Do you have a version of "Lin Fong" in Chinese characters like "林(Lin)" . You'd better contact your relatives to provide more clues.
Related Questions:
Dear Sir/Madam: I am a Chinese borned, naturalized Canadian Citizen since ...
Asked by Ms.Ing from Canada
| Apr. 30, 2009 04:11
I am a rabbit borned 1975 and my husband is a dog, having a lot of problems...
Asked by Emma from canada
| Feb. 13, 2014 02:13
Can I get HK identiy card and HK passport in NYC?
Asked by Mei from USA
| Dec. 21, 2011 02:06
I was borned in China and I have recently become a singapore citizen, my pa...
Asked by Mr.Jeff from Singapore
| Sep. 12, 2010 04:38
Dear Sir I am Canadian citizen living in Iran. How can get Chinese visa?
Asked by Mr.Abbas from Canada
| Aug. 11, 2009 21:15
I am a Chinese naturalized US citizen with a US passport and I am 18. I li...
Asked by Mr.Mike from USA
| Nov. 25, 2010 20:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)