Asked by Mrs.April Potyondy from China | May. 07, 2009 23:55
About:China Embassy in Indonesia

Urgent, Please Help Us!!!My husband and I are American citizens, we have legally adopted our son Jeremia Potyondy from Indonesia and have recently moved to Shenyang China. Since Jeremia is still under his Indonesian passport, we were told by the Chinese government here that we have to get a stamp on a letter from here to verify that he is our son. They told us what pages from the court documents to have translated into chinese and send as well as copies of our passports. We have mailed the pack of things to a friend in Indonesia. Our friend took them to the Chinese embassy in Jakarta and was told that they would not stamp the page that is needed because the documents were incomplete. We are very confused since the documents that we sent were as requested by the Chinese Government and the foreign affairs department here. We need this document stamped so that we can process his Stay permit under our work visas for China. We did not send the complete set of court papers because we were told they were not needed.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Shipler from China | May. 08, 2009 02:15
Well, it is better to send the court papers to get attestation. Ask your friends to enquire the visa officers about all the needed documents.
Related Questions:
If a child was adopted from China
Asked by Kelly from USA
| Aug. 02, 2018 19:07
Hi- myself and my wife and our adopted chinese daughter would like to trave...
Asked by eliot from USA
| Mar. 31, 2015 00:44
My husband and I are American citizens, living in China. We are traveling...
Asked by Mrs.Alyssa from USA
| Mar. 06, 2011 20:29
My name is April Machelle Potyondy. My husband Joseph and and I have adop...
Asked by Mrs.April Potyondy from China
| May. 27, 2009 03:48
My wife and I are both American citizens with US Passports. We have Aeroflo...
Asked by Mr.R.Royden from USA
| Mar. 26, 2010 01:11
We are wanting to travel through Beijing, China and connect to a flight to ...
Asked by Ms.Karen Rexer from USA
| Feb. 06, 2011 01:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)