Asked by Mr.Gary Carter from Thailand | Mar. 08, 2009 23:52
About:China Embassy in Thailand


I am writing to you as I cannot find any information on the Hong Kong immigration website to help with my enquiry.

My situation is that ....

I am currently living in Thailand. I have been offered work in Hong Kong and the company is currently in the process of applying for a work permit for me. If successful I will be moving to Hong Kong to work but I am a British national. My wife is a Thai national. I see from the website that Thai nationals are allowed to stay in Hong Kong for up to 30 days without applying for a visa.

My question is

1. HOW do we go about applying for my wife to stay with me in Hong Kong?

2. WHERE can we get the necessary forms to do so?

3. Is it possible for her to travel to Hong Kong with me and whilst there on the 30 day visa she automatically gets, apply to stay there as my wife? Or will she have to make the application whilst staying in Thailand BEFORE travelling to Hong Kong?

We have not been able to find any information anywhere to help us. We have checked the internet, called information in Thailand and even visited the Chinese Enbassy in Bangkok and no-one has any idea of what we need to do.

Please can you help me with these questions

Thankyou very much for your help,


Answers (2)
Answered by Mr.Leonardo from China | Mar. 09, 2009 20:39
Hi Gary,

You should apply for a work visa first, and then your wife can apply for a visa as dependents. Read this page carefully:
Answered by Mr.Gary Carter from England | Mar. 17, 2009 00:08
I will have a look at it, thankyou for your help.
Related Questions:
Hi I am am a professional photographer from Australia going to Zhuhai to co...
Mr.ANDREWH65 from Australia
| Oct. 27, 2010 22:05
how to get from Guilin to Hong Kong
Asked by Sab
| Apr. 27, 2015 19:02
When is school holidays in china? I cannot find any information.
Asked by Titin from Australia
| Jun. 15, 2016 22:23
Laos applying for holiday/tourist visa
Asked by Jason
| Apr. 21, 2013 22:00
Dear Sir/Mdm, I am writing this email on behalf of my girlfriend who is...
Asked by Mr.Roy from Singapore
| Nov. 13, 2009 20:18
Hi, I am Waqar from sindh, Pakistan. I am writing to request informatio...
Mr.WAQARSIAL from Pakistan
| Jul. 09, 2010 03:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)