Asked by Mrs.van Ham from The Netherlands | Feb. 27, 2009 03:29
About:China Embassy in Thailand

Good afternoon,

I'm travelling trough Asia and I have heard that I need to apply for a visa in China.

Now I like to know if I need this also when I'm only going by bus from Cambodia to Hong Kong. I dont want to do this by flight but I want to do this by bus. I havent planned to visit places in China so far. Do I need a visa in this case? Like in Thailand I dont have to apply anymore if I only want to cross the border and leave the country within 15 days. Is this the same for China?

Do I have to make an appointment in Bangkok? How long will it take to get my passport back then? I'm only short time in Thailand, Bangkok, that's why I like to make an appointment. And what are the costs for this visa?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Barbara van Ham
The Netherlands

Answers (1)
Answered by Mrs.Lulu | Mar. 01, 2009 21:31
I think you need a visa since you cross the Chinese border and stay there up to several days. Generally, it takes four working days to process your application. You can pick up your passport the fifth day since your application.
Related Questions:
Shenzhen visa travelling from HK
Asked by Charles from Singapore
| Apr. 07, 2015 05:00
hi good afternoon, im a filipino citizen, im here at brunei for a short vis...
Asked by Mr.deus from philippines
| Oct. 30, 2010 02:36
hi there, im holding an indonesian passport and im going to guang zhou t...
Asked by Mr.henry from singapore
| Mar. 01, 2009 00:31
Im going to hong kong trough Beijing , its only a conection flight do i nee...
Asked by sebastian
| Apr. 06, 2013 03:53
Can i collect the visa on the afternoon of the 24th or would I have to coll...
Asked by Alice Yang from Australia
| Dec. 15, 2014 02:45
Trip to Hong Kong and Vietnam
Asked by Tienie from Netherlands
| Jun. 06, 2014 02:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)