Asked by Chupa from United Kingdom | Jul. 11, 2021 01:07
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Married in China. Who holds which marriage certificates for Q1 application?

my wife is Chinese and will be going from UK to China back next week (after 3 years study in UK).
Later this year I intent to go on Q1 visa to join her (also from UK to China), once she has settled she can send me the invitation letter.
We are married in China in 2017, so we each have one marriage certificate booklet.

For Q1 visa, to show our relationship status (by that time she will be in China, I will still be in UK)
Do I need to have both our marriage certificates in hand (the originals)?
Or do I just need the one that says I'm married to her, and she keeps her certificate with her (the one that says she's married to me)?

Answers (1)
Answered by Nick | Jul. 18, 2021 23:16
You just need the marriage certificate saying that you are married to her. And you need to have this marriage certificate notarized and authenticated by the Chinese embassy in UK.
Related Questions:
Do english language marriage documents (notarised) need to be translated in...
Asked by Hans Oostergo from Australia
| Dec. 15, 2015 19:37
Does the CN consulate in ZH provide apostils for HK marriage and birth cert...
Asked by Andrea from Switzerland
| Jan. 27, 2015 03:00
Is there an office in Kunming, Yunnan that could be issuing marriage certif...
Asked by MOSES from Kenya
| Jun. 03, 2015 21:54
Chinese visit to stay with daughter and son in law
Asked by Lynette Grey from Australia
| Feb. 12, 2016 03:31
A Filipina with HKID -requirement for China Visa (multiple)
Asked by Lilibeth P. Gaitano from Hong Kong
| Jun. 05, 2012 23:21
Father - Daughter. How do I apply for a Q Visa?
Asked by Mohamed from India
| Apr. 23, 2018 02:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)