Asked by Ali from Bangladesh | May. 17, 2020 23:56
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Single Certificate for Marriage - Special case scenario

Hi there,

I am a foreigner male living in Fuzhou(Nationality - bangladeshi) planning to marry a Chinese girl. My embassy in Beijing told me that I need to have a 'Single Certificate' for marriage.

Now, because of COVID-19, i am facing a number of issues that will delay this for the foreseeable future, And I would like to know if there is an alternative to do this. Here is my situation.

I was born and raised in Dubai, barely lived in my home country Bangladesh. From my family side, I only have my father who can barely walk to due to physical problems. Now because of the lockdown situation, I am unable to ask my father to run around for arranging this document. (It has to be applied for in one place, and then stamped from the foreign ministry, which is another city entirely). Also, because of the sensitive situation back home, I also cant push my relatives to arrange this document for me. I can also not travel to my country as inbound flights from here are closing soon.

My embassy in china is very traditional and they do not have the digital means to do this like other country embassies here. So is there an alternate way to arrange this document?

Answers (1)
Answered by Abbey from USA | May. 24, 2020 19:10
You can hire an agent to do this for you in your country.
Related Questions:
how long is a USA single certificate valid in China?
Asked by Alan from USA
| Aug. 13, 2014 01:59
Australian citizen who lives in USA marrying Chinese citizen in China
Asked by Chin from Australia
| Oct. 15, 2014 21:06
hi, im Bengali, i have a chinese girlfriend, but we both divorced long time...
Asked by joy from Bangladesh
| Jun. 07, 2016 20:47
Am I ready for marriage in China
Asked by
| Aug. 23, 2013 01:19
Is there any authority in law or otherwise in China to prove the validity o...
Asked by Patrick
| Jun. 02, 2011 22:11
Mr Morrison again , was asking about certificate of no impediment to marria...
Asked by Mr.Morrison from Australia
| Jun. 24, 2009 01:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)