Asked by Thomas Herman Zylstra from U.S.A. | May. 07, 2020 23:52
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Married to Chinese citizen -have "Family Visa". Visa expires April 26. When to come to renew?

I am in my 16th year in Beijing China on a family visa with expiration date April 26, 2020. When is the soonest I can come to Beijing PSB to renew?

Answers (8)
Answered by Rachel from Australia | May. 10, 2020 23:10
Thomas, are you in China now? If not, you need to apply for a new China visa.
Answered by SimonT from USA | May. 22, 2020 01:19
I had a 10 year Q2 multiple entry visa with 7 years left before expiring. I got my visa "extension" today and I now have a 3 month Q2 "N/A" entry visa, cancelling the old one. If I leave China, this visa expires and I must apply for a new visa from abroad at an embassy. I was told that once this visa expires, they will only issue another 3 months each time. So I am now unable to travel and every 3 months its back to the immigration office to do it all over again. Also, the new visa looks totally different than any of the previous visas and has my photo on the actual sticker on the passport page. Clearly, they're using this travel ban as an excuse to cancel all visas and introduce a new system of entry/exit visa control. Awesome, aint it!
Answered by Tom Nicholls from United Kingdom | May. 24, 2020 19:02
Hello Thomas. Thanks for the information. What documents did you need to provide for the 3 month Q2 extensions? Many thanks
Answered by SimonT from USA | May. 25, 2020 04:09
Marriage book. The local police residential registration permit document. They also wanted a hospital medical check, but after asking 3 different officers finally was told I didn't need one because I am married to a Chinese citizen (apparently, everyone else applying for a new visa must now have this hospital check form completed before applying). Passport photos + you will have another photo taken by the government official in the EEA building for the passport sticker (15 RMB). There are several new forms to fill out with various declarations, such as intentions, work and income related questions. The price for the new 3 month no entry visa was 950 RMB!! They are being extremely thorough with the new visa process. I would bring every document you have with you, just in case, so you wont need to make multiple trips and wait in line for hours each time. Your wife needs to bring all of her ID's, documents and information too. Good luck.
Answered by Tom from United Kingdom | May. 25, 2020 05:54
Thanks so much Simon. You’ve been a great help!
Answered by Sean from USA | May. 26, 2020 17:15
Thanks for the info Thomas. First post with actual details that I’ve been able to find on extending Q2 after the automatic 2 months.

I’m going to finish things up today on getting a 90-day extension, but I had a question about one point you mentioned. In Dalian, I feel like the office said that I could only get one extension on my 120d stay, 10y, multiple entry Q2 visa. Did they specifically mention to you that it would be possible to repeat this process again?

In the past, I just traveled to a nearby country after 100-110 days. Of course, that will no longer be an option when I get my previous visa cancelled today. Hope to hear from you soon.
Answered by Sean from USA | May. 26, 2020 17:37
Answered by Sean from USA | May. 27, 2020 21:03
Finished the process this morning and wanted to report back. I was granted a 120-day extension (equal to my duration of stay), so 90 days is not the max. Maybe, it’s bc my entire extended family is here? My automatic 2-month extension ends June 8th. The new extension begins the following day.
Second, they confirmed I will need to exit China once this extension ends. There is no repeating this process. Hope this helps anyone looking to extend their multi-entry Q2 visa! The entire process cost ~1000rmb and took two whole days.
Related Questions:
Applying for resident permit
Asked by Michael giffard from Uk
| May. 21, 2017 21:41
i am European citizen living in China ,i married to Chinese citizen, how c...
Asked by dean from China
| Nov. 10, 2013 02:35
I have 1 year's residence permit (L visa-visiting family, as I'm married wi...
Asked by Mr.Alberto from Spain
| Jun. 01, 2010 23:13
Kinship certificate
Asked by peter from China
| Jun. 07, 2015 21:03
I'm citizen of Uzbekistan.My husband is citizen of China We have been marri...
Asked by Mrs.Guli from Uzbekistan
| Nov. 18, 2009 21:24
Financial aspects of Q1
Asked by Monaxx from Germany
| Feb. 10, 2014 18:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)