Asked by Jay from America | Mar. 04, 2020 19:41
About:China Embassy in Thailand

Chinese overstay

My wife is From China and we currently came to Pattaya.
10 days ago we came to the immigration office Chonbiru and they told us that for now Chinese citizens do not need to apply for an extended stay.
They said only overstay and there will be no fee.

Today we are back at Chonbiru to extend my stay as an American. We asked them about the Chinese stay and one worker told us at the airport when you leave there will be a fine....
but then another worker said No there will be no issue or pay.

We feel we don’t know who to believe now.
Please help us out

Answers (1)
Answered by Vivian | Mar. 06, 2020 17:17
Jay, considering the current virus situation in China, I think your wife does not need to apply for an extended stay, and the immigration officer has told you so, so you don't have to worry about it too much.
Related Questions:
i'm in china, given 20 day entry, arrived on the 6th can i leave on the 26t...
Asked by Ali from Sri Lanka
| Nov. 22, 2013 02:02
If my visa expires Feb 05 2017 and i want to leave on March 29th 2017
Asked by Noor from China
| Oct. 29, 2016 20:59
Hi, can an overstay worker in china marry her chinese boyfriend?
Asked by Snow from Thailand
| Mar. 20, 2018 20:24
if we overstay for days and if we paid over stay, then also we are banned f...
Asked by prapti limbu from nepal
| Dec. 16, 2016 21:08
If overstay 60 day visa by 3 days
Asked by ScottD from Usa
| Mar. 30, 2017 21:14
My flight exiting China is on the 22nd July but my visa is expiring on 15th...
Asked by storm from Zambia
| Jul. 09, 2017 20:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)