Asked by TEMITOPE Elizabeth ADEYANJU from United States | Dec. 08, 2019 15:59
About:China Embassy in Japan

Applying for Chinese Visa as an American citizen

Good evening,
I will be studying in Kanazawa next year and I have an internship in China after. Does the embassy in Tokyo have mail services, or do I have to go to Tokyo to apply?
Also, will it be difficult getting a Chinese Visa as an American citizen in Japan?


Answers (2)
Answered by Kate from Japan | Dec. 08, 2019 22:47
You need to apply from the China Visa Center in Tokyo in person. As you have a student visa in Japan, it won't be difficult for you to get a Chinese visa there.
Answered by Temi from USA | Dec. 09, 2019 08:11
I do not have a student Visa. The program I will be doing in Japan is a 4 week program and I believe school is in compliance with the japanese government. However, the representative of the program I will be doing in China told me that they will communicate with the Chinese embassy in Japan as needed and will provide all required information that will help me get the visa.
Related Questions:
Can an American Citizen get a Chinese Visa in India?
Asked by Randy McIntosh from USA
| Sep. 21, 2012 00:58
I am applying for a Chinese visa so that I can visit my girlfriend's family...
Asked by Mr.Christopher from USA
| Aug. 13, 2010 22:41
Will I be rejected for entry?
Asked by Questions1022 from USA
| Oct. 09, 2015 01:01
Process a Chinese L Visa into a Chinese Z Visa
Asked by Kim
| Aug. 21, 2012 03:17
What is maximum duration for China multi-entry business visa? One year pos...
Asked by Pham from USA
| Feb. 11, 2014 02:03
I am American citizen. Do I need Chinese visa to travel China?
Asked by Cho from USA
| Aug. 14, 2015 01:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)