Asked by Terri Harrison from Canada | Oct. 23, 2019 00:08
About:China Consulate in Vancouver

Do l need a visa for Canadian

Will be on cruise starting Jan 16 in Singapore will go to Cambodia, Vietnam Hong Kong, Phillipines, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, sasesbow Japan, then into Shanghi Feb 15 disembarking at 8 am. Will stay overnight in Shanghi and fly out Feb 16 at 5:30 Pm. Do I need a visa or can I get an extended temporary stay visa and where will I get this at the airport?

Answers (2)
Answered by Ken from USA | Oct. 23, 2019 20:13
Dear, if you enter Shanghai from Japan and then leave for another country within 144 hours, you can enjoy a visa-free stay in Shanghai. The temporary stay permit can be obtain at the designated counter at the airport. Just follow the sign for 24h visa-free transit or 144h visa-free transit (depending on how long your layover is) and you can reach the counter.
Answered by Terri harrison from Canada | Oct. 24, 2019 00:26
Can I get the 144 hour visa free at the cruise line port. I would prefer to go to the hotel from there rather than to go all the way to the airport then back to the hotel. I see there is an on line sight letting you secure this in advance are you aware of this
Related Questions:
I am a Canadian. What is the cost of L visa (Cdn $) & do I need an appt at...
Asked by Brenda from Canada
| Mar. 16, 2016 04:22
as a canadian do i need a tourist visa
Asked by ronald miller from Canada
| Feb. 15, 2015 01:15
Canadian Citizen need visit visa?
Asked by Ashraf from Canada
| Oct. 08, 2016 01:41
Do Canadian traveelers need a Visa for Shanghai?
Asked by Betty from Canada
| Dec. 29, 2012 21:49
What documents do I need to send my son to China to live with his Dad
Asked by B Truelove from Canada
| Jun. 05, 2017 01:09
Hi I am Canadian and will be traveling to Thailand. I will apply for a ...
Asked by Mrs.Choy from Canada
| Dec. 03, 2010 02:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)