Asked by James from USA | Sep. 18, 2019 02:00
About:China Embassy in Thailand

Possible to get work visa for foreigner working in Beijing?

I'm an American working in Beijing. My residence permit expired, and my company was too late to give me a work visa, so they got me a one-month humanitarian visa instead. The company was still too late to renew my residence permit (!), so now they're telling me to go to Thailand to apply for a work visa there so I can then come back to Beijing and get my residence permit.

If I have all the correct documents and everything needed, is it possible for me to go to Thailand, apply for a work visa, and then come back to Beijing? I am very worried, because I feel I should go to America, but the company insists it is OK to go to Thailand. My humanitarian visa expires September 23.

Thank you for your advice.

Answers (1)
Answered by Barbara from USA | Sep. 18, 2019 20:25
James, it's possible to get your work visa from Thailand. However, the result is not guaranteed. To play safe, you can contact the CVASC or Chinese embassy in Bangkok before heading there.
Related Questions:
I was invited to work in china as a sports coach. It is possible for me to ...
Asked by Benjie B. Rivera from Philippines
| Mar. 28, 2018 22:39
Getting a visa for a foreigner!
Asked by Mohamed Ali
| Nov. 16, 2012 03:22
I have being working in China for last 7 years and holding Z visa and worki...
Asked by Mr.Dheeraj from India
| Nov. 11, 2010 04:20
Am sri lankan passport holder and i have opportunity to work one of manufac...
Asked by Ms.kuamri from Sri Lanka
| Feb. 11, 2010 22:04
Is it currently possible for a foreigner to get a Chinese tourist Visa in T...
Asked by Mr.DeJager from Canada
| Oct. 13, 2010 20:34
can I apply for Hongkong visa in Phuket Thailand as Im working here at the ...
Asked by Ruby from Vietnam
| Feb. 17, 2014 21:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)