Asked by Chris Durban from France | Jun. 16, 2019 17:10
About:Chinese Embassy in France

What type of visa? 10-day teaching at Chinese univ

I'm a US citizen, and resident of France (10-year resident card). A Chinese university has invited me to lecture at their summer school in China starting July 20. I have an official letter of invitation.
*Which type of visa do I need?*
On a similar trip two years ago, the Chinese Embassy in Paris issued the "wrong visa" and the university was unable to meet its promise to pay me, which made us all very unhappy. In July 2019, my flight and other travel expenses will be reimbursed and I will be paid an honorarium. Thank you for your hlep.

Answers (3)
Answered by Leo from USA | Jun. 16, 2019 18:19
Chris, as you will be paid, it seems like a short-term job in China, so I advise you to apply for a short-term work visa.
Answered by Chris from France | Jun. 19, 2019 00:06
Actually, Leo, this is not all that helpful -- I need to know *which visa* with reference to the PRC's system of letters. What reference is "a short-term work visa" please?
Answered by Leo from USA | Jun. 19, 2019 00:56
It falls into the Z category, which requires a work permit issued by the school.
Related Questions:
pls, i got admission in anhui medical univ. in china for the session march ...
Asked by Mr.okon betram from nigeria
| Jan. 19, 2010 01:56
Work Visa for Teaching in an International School in Guangzhou
Asked by Navam from Indian
| Mar. 09, 2016 19:14
Do I need to leave China if I switch from a teaching visa to a student X ty...
Asked by Mikee from USA
| May. 03, 2017 20:58
can l change my X visa into Z type without leaving the country?
Asked by michael
| Aug. 24, 2014 03:51
Staying in China after 60
| May. 22, 2015 04:46
I am 63 years of age. I have a business visa but would like to be able to w...
Asked by Geoff C from Australia
| May. 16, 2016 20:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)