Asked by Pheony from Hong Kong | Dec. 14, 2018 02:06
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

If I am flying from spain and need to travel to Beijing for business, don't hv time to apply Visa

Can I say book a flight to HK via Beijing ( meaning I will do my work within 72 hours and then fly to HK) , and then fly back to spain directly from HK ( i.e no need to stay overnight in HK) , Does that count as transit ? or what other alternative you can suggest ?

Answers (3)
Answered by Paul from USA | Dec. 14, 2018 05:19
If you have one of the 53 approved passports make sure your flight to Beijing is not through HK. Also note Beijing has increased the time from 72 to 144 hours to allow longer stay.

Spain > Beijing > Hong Kong > Spain is allowed even if you don't leave airport in HK
Spain > Hong Kong > Beijing > Hong Kong > Spain would not be allowed
Answered by Pheony from HONG KONG | Dec. 16, 2018 20:30
Thank you very much for your information. So Spanish fly to HK first then Beijing is not allowed to be visa Free. .
Answered by Trevor | Dec. 17, 2018 03:34
You can't fly back to the same place that you arrived from.
Spain-Hong Kong-Beijing-Hong Kong-Spain is not allowed.
Spain-Beijing-Hong Kong-Beijing-Spain is allowed (twice).
Spain-Hong Kong-Beijing-Spain is allowed.
Spain-Beijing-Hong Kong-Spain is allowed.
Each time for 144 hours in Beijing. It doesn't matter how long you stay in Hong Kong.
Related Questions:
Sir i am that time lebnon country i want get visa china so i dont hv invita...
Asked by Fahad from Pakistan
| Sep. 19, 2018 19:43
i am planning to hv family trip at 17 august to Taipei, is that a good time...
Asked by chong
| Jul. 31, 2013 02:33
I need to travel to shenzhen tomorrow with my husband due to his urgent bus...
Asked by Ms.Confuse from malaysia
| Jan. 15, 2011 03:45
Hi, my dob is 31/10/1981..and through out my career
Asked by abhijit from india
| Jun. 25, 2016 21:55
Hi,I hv a business trip to Hebei but I would like to book my hotel in Beiji...
Asked by Mr.Luis from England
| Sep. 15, 2010 22:33
I am flying into Beijing and then by train to Shanghai and back to depart f...
Asked by Mrs.Roslyn Nixon from Australia
| May. 16, 2010 20:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)