Asked by ALFONSO Italiano from Australia | Oct. 17, 2018 13:13
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

travelling on a cruise ship The boat stops at Shanghai 6.00am and departs same day 8.00pm

I am Australian, travelling on a cruise ship in November 2018, from Tokyo to Hong Kong. One port of call is Shanghai, The boat stops at Shanghai 6.00am and departs same day 8.00pm.
Do we require a Visa to enter for the day?
what type of Visa?,
and where do we apply.Consulate prior or Port of entry on day?

Answers (1)
Answered by Daine from Germany | Oct. 18, 2018 02:28
If your trip would be country A-Shanghai-country B, you can apply for the free transit. No visa will be needed. There are the following steps to apply for it: 1. Inform the carrier when boarding 2. Fill an Arrival/Departure Card 3. Apply for the 144-hour visa-free stay permit upon arrival
Related Questions:
we are alo trying to book a local ferry ticket in advance from Chongqing to...
Asked by Cirard from France
| Oct. 08, 2015 21:46
we arrive Shanghai by cruise ship and leave the same day by flight to Hon...
Asked by kenn pearce from Canada
| May. 13, 2015 01:40
Is visa required or permission letter, leaving same day? What is the proced...
Asked by John stanek from USA
| Nov. 26, 2015 20:58
do we need a Visa for transit in Shanghai?
Asked by Andres Gurat from United States
| Feb. 02, 2016 02:10
Am i able to use the 72 hour visa-free transit?
Asked by Roy Cardoso from U.S.
| Sep. 12, 2016 22:50
Do I need a visa? Thank
Asked by Christina Nguyen from USA
| Nov. 13, 2017 19:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)