Asked by Laurice from USA | Jul. 26, 2018 20:01
About:China Visa Exemption

do we need a visa. my husband and I will be flying from Chicago O'hare to Manila in December 2018

on the way there we will be in Shanghai Pudong for 24 hours and the airlines have a hotel for us to stay in, do we need a visa? Also on the way back to the US there is another 24 hour lay over in Shanghai Pudong. I have tried to reach the Chinese Embassy in the US with no luck. Please help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ernesto from UK | Jul. 26, 2018 20:55
Shanghai no longer allows people with layovers for less than 24 hours to clear immigration regardless of nationality. Some reported that bringing a hotel reservation will help. You can have a try.
Related Questions:
Hi. We are flying China Southern Auckland to Amsterdam. We fly into Beijing...
Asked by Diane from New Zealand
| May. 24, 2015 20:33
hi im raymond and i have a filipina girlfriend we are planning to take a 1 ...
Asked by Raymond Berg from Norway
| Jan. 05, 2014 02:42
I am a us permanent resident and my wife is a us citizen,we are traveling t...
Asked by Anwar Wilson from USA
| Mar. 06, 2014 03:02
Travel from Philippines - Hong kong - Macau for 4 days
Asked by Grace from Philippines
| Sep. 14, 2015 01:30
Connecting flight from Christchurch to PHILS. stop over guangzhou for 14:30...
Asked by Shyrel salomon from New Zealand
| Dec. 10, 2015 01:16
5 of us New Zealand passport holders invited to tour Guandong Province for...
Asked by Billy Talagi from Niue
| Oct. 11, 2016 22:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)