Asked by Heather from United Kingdom | May. 09, 2018 10:12
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Urgent advice please on Transit visa policy in China in 2018

We are flying to Tokyo via changing planes in Beijing and then after 2 days going on a cruise to Shanghai, then we are staying in a hotel in Shanghai for 3 days, then flying back to London (we both have British passports) via Beijing where we have 2 hours to change planes. This is an organised fly/cruse package with Cruise Nation but they cannot help us with visa info. Will we be ok with the 72 or 144 hour transit free policy entering Shanghai by cruise then leaving 3 days later? We will have of course onward flight tickets. Please help urgently as we are sick with worry have read all sorts of advice and its only answering machines at embassies in UK. Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | May. 09, 2018 21:12
You are right to be worried. Your routing is not OK for 144-hour transit because the 144-hour transit only allows you to visit one region per entry, and since you are visiting two regions in Mainland China that's obviously a no-no. Get a visa while you still can.
Related Questions:
144 Hour Visa Eligibility when taking cruise roundtrip trip to Shanghai
Asked by A Smith from UK
| Aug. 08, 2018 01:30
I have a flight 20 hrs stop over in Beijing , final destination to Thailan...
Asked by Sherry from USA
| Feb. 12, 2013 20:54
If need transit in harbin layout 5hours to Krasnoyarsk ...but don't have vi...
Asked by Koh from Malaysia
| Aug. 28, 2014 22:30
I am a Ghanaian and i want to travel to china and work over there. but i do...
Asked by Benjamin Aggrey-Newman from Ghana
| Sep. 29, 2015 03:54
I desire one year china visa,i have been to china in 2007 and 2011.please ...
Asked by charly from Nigeria
| Dec. 30, 2012 01:37
Cruise Carrier denying boarding without Full Visa
Asked by Eric Smith from United Kingdom
| Nov. 15, 2017 10:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)