Asked by Jarkko from Australia | Mar. 14, 2018 08:42
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Can we undertake the following travel without a visa?

We're flying from Australia to Shanghai and will stay five days (hopefully on a 144hr free transit).
From Shanghai we'll be cruising to Korea
From Korea to Tiajin China (will not be disembarking at Tiajin port - will remain on board as we do not have visas)
From Beijing back to Korea
Then to Tokyo where we disembark.
From Tokyo to Shanghai for one night (again on a 144hr free)
From Shanghai back to Australia

Answers (3)
Answered by Kevin from USA | Mar. 14, 2018 15:02
You'll need a visa for Korea-China-Korea in the middle because it's not a transit.
Answered by Jarkko from Australia | Mar. 14, 2018 17:01
Will we need a visa even if we don't get of the ship at Tiajin China. I understand the 144hours free transit does not apply to the Korea China Korea part of travel
Answered by John Doe | Mar. 14, 2018 20:45
You are required to comply with China's entry requirements regardless, and no exceptions are made to cruise ship passengers.
Related Questions:
Travel form ZRH to PEK and then to HKG and back to ZRH / 72 hours transfer...
Asked by Urs Roth from Switzerland
| Feb. 21, 2017 06:12
hi, we are going to hongkong next year we already have the 2 way - ticket, ...
Asked by Mr.Garcia from Philippines
| Dec. 13, 2009 22:25
we need visa to enter mainland china is it?
Asked by nata from Malaysia
| Nov. 19, 2012 02:29
72 hour free transit policy used twice in a week
Asked by John Bale from Belgium
| Jul. 11, 2017 18:22
I need some information. We are a group of 5 people planning tour of China ...
Asked by Mr.Miza from Sri Lanka
| Mar. 04, 2010 22:44
My mum needs to go to Hong Kong from UK. She has ILR but not NTL. What is t...
Asked by Poonam Pun from United Kingdom
| Jan. 25, 2017 14:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)