Asked by M Waldron from United Kingdom | Mar. 11, 2018 11:21
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Visa for shanghai - hong kong - Shanghai trip

Hi we have a trip booked for September to Shanghai and plan to do 5nites there then move onto HK for 5nites then back to Shanghai for 1 nite and fly home next day.

What is the best visa to get and do we need an new one for HK and another one for the one day back in Shanghai?

Answers (7)
Answered by Kevin from USA | Mar. 11, 2018 15:27
It depends on your nationality and itinerary.
Answered by M Waldron from United Kingdom | Mar. 12, 2018 03:41
Our itinery is in the original message and we are UK citizens.
Answered by Jule from USA | Mar. 12, 2018 04:53
You qualify for 2 visa-free transits in Shanghai. No visa is required. Nice trip.
Answered by M Waldron from United Kingdom | Mar. 12, 2018 11:44
Sorry tapped wrong thumb 😮
Answered by Rob | Mar. 12, 2018 15:04
You don't need a visa to fly UK-Shanghai-Hong Kong-Shanghai-UK as long as your flignts are non-stop (with no other stops in China).
Answered by M Waldron from United Kingdom | Mar. 14, 2018 06:35
Hi Rob
We are staying in Shanghai for 5 days...internal flight to HK for 5 days and back to Shanghai for 1 night before flying back to UK.
Answered by CDKING from US | Mar. 15, 2018 19:53
Hong Kong is considered a third country so UK > Shanghai > Hong Kong allows the stop in Shanghai. Since you have officially left China, you can then go Hong Kong > Shanghai > UK.
Related Questions:
May I stay 72 hours visa free in Shanghai ? How should I count the 72 hours...
Asked by Robert from Romania
| Apr. 18, 2015 01:17
can I do round trip Hong Kong Shanghai for 2 days? if not can I get a visa ...
Asked by Ben from USA
| Nov. 10, 2013 03:03
Hey there, I wanted to do a weekend trip: Hong Kong - Shanghai - Hong Kong....
Asked by DP from Hong Kong
| Oct. 16, 2018 03:29
Lisa - US / Shanghai 72 Hour / 144 Hour or Regular Visa ?
Asked by Lisa from USA
| Jun. 26, 2017 12:58
ORD-(4 hour layover TPE)-PVG (26th-29th)-HKG
Asked by Brian from USA
| Mar. 22, 2017 21:09
I am an Australian passport holder
Asked by JohnR from Australia
| Dec. 16, 2016 21:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)