Asked by rodolfo san pascual from philippines | Feb. 18, 2018 21:16
About:Overstaying in China & Penalty

How to if one failed to Get Residence certificate for S1 visa

My wife and son thought that the residence certificate is the one being taken from the police that is why they got ones from them. But when they were about to leave beijing for a short break to Manila,they were stopped to leave china by the lack of Residence certificate. And now they are in trouble by issue of Over staying. We thought all the way that they have 1 year S1 visa. What should we do?

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Feb. 19, 2018 10:32
You may be confused by the difference between a residence permit (a visa like sticker in their passports) and a registration certificate. Do they have residence permits in their passports? That can only be obtained from the Exit and Entry Administration offices. Once they have got the residence permits they must register themselves with the local Police Station and the registration certificate is just a piece of paper they printed. If they do not have a residence permit then it's a much severe offence than not having a registration certificate (which means that they truly overstayed).
Related Questions:
I want to take S1 visa for my wife and I hold z type
Asked by Dhanjai from India
| Mar. 11, 2016 20:45
is it necessary for a 2 months old baby to get a police clearance certifica...
Asked by fdia from Pakistan
| Mar. 22, 2017 19:34
Locations for applying for S1?
Asked by Caitlin from USA
| Nov. 14, 2014 21:51
i applied for a visa and then i failed to travel will i get a another one o...
Asked by yolanda from Zimbabwe
| Feb. 23, 2016 03:47
hello sir,my wife come to beijing,china..and stay with me long time
Asked by raihan from Bangladesh
| Apr. 06, 2017 01:28
invitation letter sample
Asked by fida from China
| Mar. 22, 2017 03:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)