Asked by MATTHEWJAM | Feb. 17, 2018 06:09
About:How to Apply for a China Visa

Visa: if I need to provide a return flight date?


I am moving to China (Shanghai) on July 30th 2018, and have employment with an International School, who will be arranging/processing my work visa on this date.

However, I would like to visit China (Shanghai) a few weeks before this date, as a tourist, with my wife, and so will need to apply for a tourist via.

Please could you tell me if I need to provide a return flight date to where i original flew from outside of China? Or can I just book a one way flight to China? I will obviously be staying in China and not be leaving China until much later on in the year (December/Christmas).

Thanks for your help in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Marian from Netherlands | Feb. 22, 2018 20:13
Hi, if you can get the work Z type before your travel, you can enter China without applying for the tourist L type, therefore, the round trip air tickets are not required.
Related Questions:
anybody can tell me if i need to provide a return ticket for the tourist vi...
Asked by Mr.dominique from France
| Jun. 28, 2009 00:37
Do I need to provide a return ticket when I already have a L-visa?
Asked by Rcel from Dubai
| Oct. 29, 2011 20:31
Is it necessary to show return flight for X2 visa?
Asked by swsrvs from India
| Aug. 06, 2016 04:31
I have a one-way ticket to China to visit my brother.
Asked by Jeremy from USA
| Mar. 19, 2014 04:48
I have a confirmed round trip ticket of china southern airlines from Bangko...
Asked by Mr.Klayan Kharel from Nepal
| Sep. 25, 2010 22:10
According to the visa application requirement to China, we need to provide ...
Asked by Mr.Joseph from Philippines
| Mar. 25, 2011 20:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)