Asked by John from United States | Jan. 10, 2018 21:11
About:China Family Reunion Visa

I recently applied for the Q2 type. My (non-Chinese) wife lives in Shaghai.

Let me see if I understand: if my visa is accepted, I will have a multiple-entry Q2 type in my passport and that will allow me to travel in and out of China every X amount of days. Is this correct?

If that is correct, here is my question: what happens when I find a job or get employment in Shanghai? Won't they need to cancel the Q2 type to replace it with the work Z type?

Answers (1)
Answered by Neil from France | Jan. 11, 2018 00:40
John, if your wife is not Chinese, does she have Chinese permanent residence permit? If not, you cannot apply for the Q2 type, but S2 type.
If you have a multiple-entry Q2 type, you can travel in and out for multiple times within its validity.
If you find a job in China, you need to apply for a work Z type to work in China.
Related Questions:
Can i change my Q2 visa to Q1 type in China? My wife is Chinese
Asked by Steven from India
| May. 30, 2016 04:34
Q2 to Q1 visa in Beijing?
Asked by Parry from China
| Aug. 13, 2015 03:35
Hi, I am going to China to visit my Chinese wife for 9 months.
Asked by Shayne from New Zealand
| Mar. 27, 2017 20:48
i am from pakistan and had come on s2 visa with the stay of 15 days.
Asked by ATIF from China
| Dec. 18, 2014 02:05
apply S1 visa in hongkong?
Asked by Robert from Kenya
| Mar. 16, 2014 02:40
British citizen married to Chinese and want to visit PRC with Q2 visa
Asked by John from United Kingdom
| Nov. 26, 2013 00:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)