Asked by Ryan from USA | Nov. 14, 2017 10:40
About:Visa Policy of China

Confusion on Visa information


I am traveling from the U.S. (US citizen and passport holder) and arriving in Beijing, China on December 29th 2017 and then departing on December 31st, 2017 for Thailand. But during this short stay I plan to visit the Great Wall. However, I will be returning to Beijing, China on the 16th or 17th of January (haven't decided yet and might plan on flying directly into Shanghai for a day and then back to Beijing or directly into Beijing) for my departure from Beijing airport on January 18th. Do I need a visa? Or do I fall under the 72 hour rule for both times that I enter China?

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by John Doe | Nov. 14, 2017 20:13
You fall under the 72-hour rules if you do not have any other stops in Mainland China on your way to and back from Thailand other than Beijing. Also if you decide to visit two cities on your return trip then your transit time will be limited to 24 hours.
Related Questions:
Is china visa required for cruise ship on May 2014 to sanya less than 12 ho...
Asked by Mang from Philippines
| Apr. 06, 2014 22:57
I'm cruising into Shanghai Mar 17 arrive a.m leaving p.m confused whether I...
Asked by Pam from United Kingdom
| Sep. 16, 2016 20:30
US woman working in China on Z type marrying Chinese man (we will permanent...
Asked by Kathryn from USA
| Mar. 19, 2015 01:11
Visa eligibility
| Aug. 11, 2014 20:46
Why is the chinese visa application photo frame 40 x 45?
Asked by Roderick Nicolson from United Kingdom
| Aug. 04, 2015 03:55
transit in shanghai for 2 hours
Asked by Vinay from India
| Jan. 24, 2016 03:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)