Asked by Jill from USA | Oct. 31, 2017 23:53
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

US - Shanghai - Vietnam - Return to US with connection in Shanghai?

Hello, I have a US passport. I am planning to travel from San Francisco to Shanghai and stay for 3 days. Then from Shanghai, I plan to fly to Ho Chi Minh City. I will only have a VOA letter for the Vietnam Visa requirement. Is that ok? Or should I try to get the actual visa from the Vietnamese Consulate?
Second question is can I have a layover in Shanghai from Ho Chi Minh City for my connection back to San Francisco?
All of my flights will be on the same itinerary on China Eastern Airlines.
Thank you for your response!

Answers (1)
Answered by Vicentes from Senegal | Nov. 01, 2017 01:21
Hi, Jill, maybe you can get a VOA for Vietnam, but I cannot guarantee that. You can have a layover in Shanghai from Ho Chi Minh City to San Francisco, and no visa is required for you can enjoy free transit policy in Shanghai. Nice trip!
Related Questions:
Is this route acceptable for transit visas on both ends: US-Shanghai-Cambod...
Asked by Bob from USA
| Jan. 24, 2017 20:07
USA to China with connection in Japan
Asked by Anne from USA
| Aug. 08, 2017 17:02
allowed to a stop in Shanghai without visa From SFO to vietnam but not allo...
Asked by xt from Vietnam
| Jul. 17, 2016 08:00
144 hour travel free exemption...
Asked by jJon Bouchard from USA
| Dec. 19, 2016 20:42
144 hours visa permit. is this eligible?
Asked by rose from usa
| May. 11, 2018 01:12
Iam a us citizen transiting from Japan to Vietnam via Shanghai is a visa re...
Asked by P lavallee from USA
| Dec. 04, 2016 13:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)